This is a repeating eventoctober 12, 2020 8:00 am
Ticket Section Title
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
COURSE SUMMARY Duration : Public / In-House: 2 Days Self-Paced Online: 12 Months Formats Offered: Public Live Classroom Web-Based In-House Live Classroom Web-Based Exam Provider: EXIN ISO27001 FOUNDATION COURSE OVERVIEW The Information Security
Public / In-House: 2 Days
Self-Paced Online: 12 Months
Live Classroom Web-Based
ISO27001 FOUNDATION COURSE OVERVIEW
The Information Security Foundation based on ISO/IEC 27001 is a certification that validates a professional’s knowledge about:
• Information and security: the concept, the value, the importance and the reliability of information;
• Threats and risks: the concepts of threat and risk and the relationship with the reliability of information;
• Approach and organization: the security policy and security organization including the components of the security organization and management of (security) incidents;
• Measures: the importance of security measures including physical, technical and organizational measures
• Legislation and regulations: the importance and impact of legislation and regulations.
Information security is the protection of information from a wide range of threats in order to ensure business continuity, minimize business risk, and maximize return on investments and business opportunities.
Information security is gaining importance in the Information Technology (IT) world. Globalization of the economy is leading to an ever-increasing exchange of information between organizations (their employees, customers and suppliers) and an explosion in the use of networked computers and computing devices.
The international standard for Information Security Management ISO/IEC 27001 is a widely respected and referenced standard and provides a framework for the organization and management of an information security program. Implementing a program based on this standard will serve an organization well in its goal of meeting many of the requirements faced in today’s complex operating environment. A strong understanding of this standard is important to the personal development of every information security professional.
In the Information Security modules, the following definition is used: Information Security deals with the definition, implementation, maintenance, compliance and evaluation of a coherent set of controls (measures) which safeguard the availability, integrity and confidentiality of the (manual and automated) information supply.
In the modules of Information Security Foundation based on ISO/IEC 27001, the basic concepts of information security and their relationships are tested. One of the objectives of this module is to raise the awareness that information is valuable and vulnerable and to learn which measures are necessary to protect information.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The ISO27001 Foundation Certification Course is designed for anyone working in IT looking for IT Service Management education and an understanding of how to provide business value.
The examination for the Information Security Foundation based on ISO/IEC 27001 is intended for everyone in the organization who is processing information. The module is also suitable for entrepreneurs of small independent businesses for whom some basic knowledge of information security is necessary.
This module can be a good start for new information security professionals.
There are no mandatory prerequisites.
No specific prior knowledge required
Familiarity with ISO standards and other service management frameworks (e.g. ITIL) is helpful
General knowledge and understanding of service management helps
EXAM & CERTIFICATION
Examination type: Multiple-choice questions
Number of questions: 40 questions
Pass mark: 65%
Open book/notes: No
Electronic equipment/aides permitted: No
Time allotted for examination: 60 minutes
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ISO27001 Foundation Certificate In Cyber security. The exam is 60 minutes in duration, includes 40 multiple-choice questions and is administered online by an independent examination body. Participants are provided with an exam voucher so they can schedule the exam at their convenience on any date after completion of the course.
- A passing mark of 65% is required to receive your certificate. An exam review is included in the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam
- You will attain 12 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
MULTIPLE OPTIONS FOR HOW YOU CAN ATTEND THIS COURSE
- Self-Paced Online:
- Learn at your own pace from your computer, anywhere at any time. Get the FULL COURSE in e-learning format for three months.
- Public Web-Based:
- On specific dates throughout the year; hosted live online with our expert instructor.
- Live Classroom: On dates convenient to you; exclusively for your team at your location with our expert instructor.
- Web-Based: On dates convenient to you; exclusively for your team, hosted live online by our expert instructor.
INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION RECOGNITION
Project Management Institute (PMI)®
- Contact Hours: 21 hours
- Professional Development Units (PDUs): 21 PDUs
Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM)
- Continual Professional Development (CPD) points: 10 points
21 (Monday) 8:00 am - 22 (Tuesday) 5:00 pm AEST